This website contains controversial material and should be critically considered.

My journals and notes about life, God, religion, secular humanism, philosophy and free thought.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I was born in 1988 in Moscow, Russia. I currently reside in Vancouver, Canada. I am an undergraduate art student at the Emily Carr Institute of Art + Design on Granville Island in Vancouver. I am currently pursuing the Bachelor of Media Art program, majoring in Animation.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Do unto others as you would have them say unto you

There seems to be a very strange line between what we say and what we do. For years I've always been convinced that what we say is incredibly important and basically determines the outcome of any particular event or situation. Simple words can change a person's beliefs and cause people to act in a certain way. What you say can put people to tears, or make them jump for joy. Certain words contain secrets and certain words can expose those secrets. Words can be truthful, words can be manipulated and words can turn into lies. Words are very powerful and are a great tool. Some people are great with words. Some people are able to easily communicate with others. Some people are able to manipulate words to make you believe in one thing and not the other. Politicians for example are generally very good with word manipulation (maybe not George Bush though).

However, while all this time I was concentrating on what I should be saying in particular situation I kept on feeling like everyone was waiting for me to act. Everyone around me seemed to say that actions speak louder than words. And so, even though I was trying to do my best with what I was saying, I eventually had to abandon this belief and I decided that my actions had to be more important. It was expected of me. And so, in order to build my character and present myself to the worlds, I began acting in ways that were particular to the situation. I would purposefully go out of my way and do something in order to prove some point. And I though instantly, that this would then prove whatever it was that I had to say. However, again, I was disappointed and people did not respond to my actions. It felt like even though you can explain something with words and then back that up action, it is still not enough.

And so, now I'm trying to search for something that can speak even louder than actions. I'm having a hard time figuring it out. Meanwhile, I'm going back to my original belief that words are more important than actions and I'm watching very carefully what I say and to whom. It seems like information that is contained within words can often be used against you. It's the manipulation of the words that can really change certain outcomes and it needs to be controlled.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home